Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Kalundborg

Hi all,

Am not really posting from Kalundborg. We were there in the morning. I got to witness a Danish summer sunrise. It was a cool quiet day today pretty much within the peak of summer time.

The above pic was at 0650 inthe morning. I decided to go a little technical and thus the below pictures. Actually i wanted to show how different the length of the days and nights are in these high latitudes. But that would make more sense when I put in thr pictures from North of Skagen. We should be passing that place in a couple of days.







There is not much activity in this part of the world. People are sparsely distributed all over this multi island vcombo. Growing up in the crowded corners of Delhi and Mumbai and their bustling streets, this eerie calm and silence of the Northern Baltic is mostly alarming and disturbing for me. It might be amazing for some of you to hear this but thats just how I have been tuned.








I added a nice evening shot from outside Fredericia. With no wind and no sea, the sailing vessels around me are having a tough time, but for me on Richard its a calm and peaceful watch.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Middelfart,Denmark

No comments: