Monday, August 02, 2010

A Sad Day

Hi all,

Its 2010. We are already past the era of technology. In that I mean we arent surprised by what technology brings next. Its just taken as new research to make our lives a little bit easier anf maybe a little more interesting.

I think I am not very out of line saying that internet is no longer the boon of the century, or the big revelation. I think its more commonplace nowadays, much more of a common man's tool.

Yet this blog will first reach the internet 2 days later. Ofcourse, being on a ship doesnt help. We had the advent of internet about 1.5 years back onboard our ships but its not without restrictions.

Restrictions of usage and shutdowns and the super awesome speed - it just seems like the shore community is taking pity towards us and doing us a favour. Don't they realise internet is a necessity nowadays? In a multi million dollar profit making industry what is keeping aside a few thousnd dollars aside every year for giving sailors with what is just a basic necessity nowadays. You had drugs and discos in the 80s, we have information technology...

I read once in a biography by on of my lecturers in school... - We are neither the living nor the dead; We are at sea.

Sad, isnt it?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: