Saturday, December 31, 2005

Hi

Hi everyone..

Its been a long time since i visited my blog here. I dont know why but laziness had caught up with me. Its after a lot of effort that i have decided to put up this post and hopefully can keep on posting regularly.

Its been 3 months since my last post and so this post would generally be a sort of a recap, about how my life's gone in these few months.

The last post was about the flight back to indian soil in mumbai and bout our antics at the airport and stuff like that.

I recently shifted to mumbai and it was my first visit to my new home. Very convenient location for a house, i have to say. Its got a nice view of greenery at the back and see on the other side. Sunsets are just magnificent to watch. Thats bout my house. Coincidentally, my batchmate's house is just the next block, so it became quite convenient for me to know bout the new place. Mumbai was fun altogether.

In between these holidays i also managed a week's trip to my uncle's place in Delhi which was where i used to live before coming to mumbai. I met many of my school friends. It was awesome seeing them after i guess an year. It was a busy week runnin around to meet my friends and also to supervise some house work. It went really fine and before i even knew, it was time to go back to mumbai.

Diwali was on the 1st of November as most of u might recall. All of our batch had decided to bunk the first week at college to enjoy this festive occasion at home. It was real good fun. I was having diwali at home after 2 years the last celebration being in Delhi in 2002. I got to meet most of the tenants of my block who are also my dad's colleagues at work. About my dad. He's working as Vice President, Environment, Safety and Corporate Social Responsibility at ACC Ltd. thats a cement company most of you might have heard of. This is the reason we shifted to mumbai coz this company has its headquarters there. This is a welcome change for my dad, i have to say coz as a consultant there is a lot more work and headache than at a managerial position. Therefore, i had given a straight yes when he had asked me about this proposition about 10 months back.

It was finally time to come back to singapore. I along with my batchmate and very good frnd Dhananjay (call him BALA sumtimes, gets real pissed wen i do that) took the Jet Airways flight on the 3rd of November to Singapore. Theflight was quite uneventful and lo, we were there in singapore in no time. Its one of these time things that i fail to understand even today. When its time to head home the flight seems to be taking ages, but when its time to come back for studies its in a jiffy as though theres some external power controlling this phenomenon. Anyways this part is just another crazy thought that my mind seems to be full of at all times.

So back we were in singapore. We found that in our absense the hostel seemed to have filled up to the brim with our juniors coming back from sailiin (some 70 odd or so), the DMS and the DNS guys (the last batches) and some weird Louis Preston guys and girls ( i dont seem to know nethin bout them even today).

Our college started the following monday with all lecturers complainin about us missing the first week and we givin them the IDGARA look as we normally do. It turned out that this semester of ours had been truly jam packed with all sorts if practicals, simulator sessions and some very important subjects. We found it to be in striking contrast to the previous semester which was very free and in which we used to go to college like thrice a week. Time started to pass really fast with us being absorbed in assessments and presentations which were totally unending partly coz we used to preserve them till the last moment. In the midst of all this i also got this news that i was named topper of the DMS batch and that my photo had been put up on the toppers board in the SMA administration floor. I was quite delighted and rushed up to see my photo over there which rather turned out to be a disappointment. Disappointment because that photo turned out to be a 2 yr old one which showed me with a moustache and a crappy nerdy hairstyle which i definitely dont flaunt now. Anyways its a matter of pride and happiness on being named topper of the batch.

In no time did exams come and start banging the door waiting to rush in and crush us all. I studied quite hard in the exam week stayin up day and night just hopin that the exam be simple enough for me to attempt. Exams went away fairly well and we found ourselves in this new concept of E-Learning week which was submissions through the internet. Because of the lack of proper facilities in the hostel we had to go to college that week as well for doing those assignments. They turned out to be fairly simple and we were finally staring at our holidays, the christmas and new year break.

Holidays started out very bleakly with lack of financial aid and the boredom associated with being in the hostel durin holidays especially at the end of the month. There was also a dinner organised by SMOU on christmas eve. It was my first proper christmas dinner which had turkey and white wine (mom, wine's ok rite.. i mean come on it was a formal dinner and evryone took it).

Christmas went past and finally came the new year eve on the 31st which is the present. Its 11:14 pm rite now, just 46 minutes to the new year and here i am sittin in the hostel writing my past. Strange, isnt it.. but thats wht i am, a WEIRDO!. No lah, its just that was not in a mood to go out anywhere. Its gotten in me, dont u see - boredom and the laziness associated with it.

Now i have to leave. I will be going over to a foodcourt close by to watch Man U vs Bolton. By the way i dont support either of them, but i have a tough stand against Man U. Its probably the red that keeps me from supporting them.

Anyways, adios..

And a Happy New Year to all..

No comments: